Re: Building with image support

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Building with image support
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:58:06 +0100

Eric Lilja wrote:
> I see, do you know if it has any effect on windows? When I'm using
> GNU/Linux, I use the binary supplied with my distribution. I don't
> know how to build it on that platform yet. I will most likely try to
> learn that if I continue to use the cvs trunk version.

The visual effect of using PNG images is the same on Windows as other
platforms, but on Windows you would need to customize the toolbar to use
your choice of PNG icons (not included with Emacs), whereas on GNU/Linux
using a GTK build of Emacs, you will automatically get the appropriate
PNG icons from the GTK theme you have selected.

Building on GNU/Linux is not much different than on Windows, except all
the commands are performed from the top level directory instead of the
nt subdirectory.