RE: isearch multiple buffers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:39:27 -0700

> > Yes - More generally, I think that lots of Dired functionality could
> > usefully be ported to Buffer List. I mentioned some of this in
> > a previous post in this thread.
>
> "ibuffer" is already part of Emacs.

I know that. So is Buffer List.

And Buffer List is covered in the Emacs manual - ibuffer is not even
mentioned, AFAICT.

> It's basically a much more featureful version of "list-buffers", and has
> lots of marking/selecting/filtering commands.

I still "think that lots of Dired functionality could usefully be ported to
Buffer List."  You need not agree. ;-)

When it's decided that Buffer List should be removed from Emacs because
ibuffer fills the bill, then maybe everything should focus on ibuffer.

That said, I don't see why ibuffer might not also be made to interface with
isearch.