RE: isearch multiple buffers

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: isearch multiple buffers
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:20:05 -0700

List*).

> >> I believe most users would be surprised if C-s started multi-buffer
> >> isearch for the marked files.
> >
> > Until they learn about it. It's not exactly dangerous, but it could be
> > surprising the first time, if you haven't heard about it first.
>
> They would have to learn also what to use instead of C-s in that
> particular buffer.

Not if, as I suggested, C-s in Buffer List did not search multiple files.

And not if, as I suggested as an alternative, they could toggle the buffer
marks off and then search, and the Buffer List help (`C-h m') explained
that.

In either of these cases, C-s in Buffer List would still search the buffer.