Re: Testing new abbrev tables in elisp

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Testing new abbrev tables in elisp
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 15:13:59 +0100

Am Freitag, 26. Oktober 2007 23:38 schrieben Sie:
> > # patch -i patch.el abbrev.el
>
> Where does `patch.el' come from?  I.e. how did you extract it from my
> email message?  If you copy&paste it, then it's likely that trailing spaces
> got removed/messed up.  Just pipe the whole raw email message to patch.

Thanks.

> > What about `case-sensitive'? For me as non-english
> > speaker `folding' is not easy to follow because of the
> > word-sence - as something knitting into. Sensitive as
> > awareness is understood from the beginning.
>
> Could work, but also suffers from the fact that the current behavior (which
> expands `sm' to `stefan monnier' but `Sm' to `Stefan Monnier'") can be
> considered as being "sensitive" to case.

Beside of case-sensitivity another theme is in the
pipe: to allow multi-word abbrevs.

XEmacs does but isn't perfect.

As it's wanted for translations, cases in one language
(abbrevs) should not predict i.e. force cases in
expansion.

Andreas Röhler