Re: Gnus in Emacs is updated to No Gnus 0.7

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Gnus in Emacs is updated to No Gnus 0.7
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:57:10 +0100

On Sun, Oct 28 2007, Miles Bader wrote:

> Leo <address@hidden> writes:
>> Is there a point to make 4 versions of gnus
>
> Yes.
>
> There really only two:  the stable distribution (5.11 and 5.10.8), and
> the development distribution (5.13 and No Gnus).  The members of each
> pair are more or less the same as each other, the only difference being
> whether they're bundled with Emacs or not.
>
>> It is unnecessarily confusing for new users.

New users should either use the version bundled with the most recent
Emacs release (Gnus 5.11 in Emacs 22.1) or the most recent stand-alone
distribution Gnus 5.10.*.

New users should not use Emacs CVS (i.e. Gnus 5.13) nor No Gnus unless
they know what they are doing.  This is why these are *development*
versions.

> I doubt they care, unless they're making a bug report, and it's exactly
> for the purpose of bug reports that the current numbering exists...

ACK

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,