Re: Problems setting byte-compile-warnings to t

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Problems setting byte-compile-warnings to t
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:58:54 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

>     So the simplest fix would seem to adjust the buffer-local value in
>     inbuffer in the same way that byte-compile-close-variables does.
>
> I see a problem with that: such a change would persist after the end
> of the compilation.

Yes, but in an internal buffer used only by byte-compilation, so I
don't see the problem. Anyway...

> Here's another idea: add a function byte-compile-memq which always
> returns t if the second arg is t, and use that instead of memq to test
> membership in byte-compile-warnings.  That avoids the need to alter
> data provided by the user.

I installed a changes along these lines: byte-compile-warning-enabled-p.

I also took the opportunity to allow byte-compile-warnings to specify
a list of warnings to _disable_. Useful for compiling emacs-lisp/cl-*, IMO.