Re: region-active-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: region-active-p
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:11:21 -0400

    I expect the opposite makes more sense:

       (defun region-active-p (&optional allow-empty)
         "Return non-nil if the region is active.
       Optional argument ALLOW-EMPTY non-nil means that an empty region
       may also be considered as active."
         ...)

    This is because in most cases we've seen we want to treat empty regions as
    inactive.

I agree this would be better.  I made my proposal the way I did
because it is an upward compatible change for XEmacs.  But if that is
not a factor in the decision, let's define the argument as you suggest.