address@hidden: window-system in face definition]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: address@hidden: window-system in face definition]
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 09:50:30 -0400

Would someone please DTRT then ack?

From: Leo <address@hidden>
To: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
Subject: window-system in face definition
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 15:45:24 +0100

Dear Richard,

I intend to report a bug about Gnus which I have reported to Gnus
mailing list but apparently no one has paid attention.

Now that multi-tty has been merged into Emacs, window-system has become
a frame-local variable and is not sufficient to tell which single device
Emacs displays on or rather we should assume window-system is t in this
case. So the following code need to be changed (simplified)
accordingly. There might be other occurrences of such structure.

- ---- line 1119 of gnus-art.el ----

(defcustom gnus-treat-emphasize
  (and (or window-system
           (featurep 'xemacs))
       50000)
  "Emphasize text.
Valid values are nil, t, `head', `first', `last', an integer or a
predicate.  See Info node `(gnus)Customizing Articles'."
  :group 'gnus-article-treat
  :link '(custom-manual "(gnus)Customizing Articles")
  :type gnus-article-treat-custom)

Should be simplified to:

(defcustom gnus-treat-emphasize 5000
           ...)

HTH,
- --
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .:  [ GPG Key: 9283AA3F ]  :.

       Use the most powerful email client -- http://gnus.org/