Re: finish version test cleanup: Lucid

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: finish version test cleanup: Lucid
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:59:15 +0100

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

> Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> If yes, then replacing calc-emacs-type-lucid with (featurep
>> 'xemacs) is better. The featurep test can be completely optimized
>> away at compile time, and it is as readable an a tiny bit
>> shorter. Doing that will make the byte compiler not to warn about
>> missing XEmacs functions.
>
> The other option would just be to remove Lucid support altogether.

Before doing that, I would probably ask on the XEmacs developer list
whether somebody wants to do the basic work of keeping our CVS copy
working under XEmacs.  As long as this does not affect the code much,
it should be doable.

In particular since the calc code base is really ancient and from the
time before the Lucid fork.  At some point of time, one should think
about adding menus, toolbar buttons and the like.  Then XEmacs
compatibility might become more of an issue, and would require
somewhat more outside work.