Re: CVS trunk emacsclient: X11 connection rejected

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CVS trunk emacsclient: X11 connection rejected
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:03:50 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

> The above things are meant to reproduce more or less what `ssh host1
> emacclient' does, so as to try and take out emacsclient from the
> equation. So yes: first start Emacs, then ssh into host2 from there
> ssh back into host1 and then ask Emacs to connect to the
> pseudo-display "localhost:10.0" that goes through the two ssh
> tunnels.

It fails in the same way:

"X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication." in the terminal,
and

"Connection lost to X server `localhost:10.0'" in x-create-frame.

So does:
host1> xterm -display 'localhost:10.0'

If you think this is just something funny to do with my local set-up,
or indeed just normal behaviour, we can stop investigating this. The
--display suggestion you made for emacsclient enables me to do what I
want.