Re: [Trent W. Buck] Segfault: emacs -batch -Q -eval '(format-mode-line m

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [Trent W. Buck] Segfault: emacs -batch -Q -eval '(format-mode-line mode-line-format)'
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 22:55:36 +0000

Richard Stallman wrote:
> [I sent this message a few weeks ago but did not get a response.
> Could we get the discussion moving again?]
>
> Would someone please fix this then ack?

Fixed by making format-mode-line ignore the format specifier and return
an empty string in noninteractive mode.

The problem was due to parts of the frame object not being initialized,
because init_display is not called in noninteractive mode.  I don't know
if this underlying problem will cause similar crashes elsewhere.