Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:20:32 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:
I usually don't know how by how many lines I want to expand/shrink a window,
so I typically end up doing

   C-x ^ C-x ^ C-x ^

which is *really* inconvenient.  So a modal interface would reduce the
number of necessary bindings to just 1, freeing the other keys for other
uses, and it would be a lot more convenient for my use cases (hopefully I'm
not the only one out there).

I agree. And a modal interface for this is of course exactly what bw-interactive.el is. Maybe you want to comment on the last version I sent?