Re: Warning: `mapcar' called for effect; use `mapc' or `dolist'

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Warning: `mapcar' called for effect; use `mapc' or `dolist'
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:35:50 +0900

> For instance, `mapcar' used in `gnus-group-highlight-line'
> cannot be replaced with `mapc' even if the compiler warns it.

> `mailp' is used implicitly through the variable `gnus-group-highlight'
> which is let-bound to `list'.  `list' is used in the body of the
> let-form.

> So if this warning really happens, it is a bug.
> Can it be reproduced?

When I wrote the first message I saw that the byte compiler
warned about the usage of mapcar in `gnus-group-highlight-line',
but it has gone after I rebuilt Emacs after I wrote that message.
I also tried Emacs built with the source of two weeks ago, but it
didn't happen.  That's a mystery, but I don't intend to inquire
into it further.

Regards,