Re: encrypt.el in No Gnus 0.7 (was: New Emacs facilities from Gnus)

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: encrypt.el in No Gnus 0.7 (was: New Emacs facilities from Gnus)
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 17:15:51 +0900

2007/11/1, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
> There was a disagreement about password.el, but I don't remember
> what the issue was.  Can someone please find that thread and tell
> me the subject and date, so I can review the mail?

Perhaps this thread:

Simon Josefsson installed password.el in net/.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg00702.html

He made a change to read-passwd to depend on password.el.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg01049.html

You said that the change was not fit in subr.el.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg01132.html

Simon backed out the above two changes.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-10/msg01377.html

So, if this thread is appropriate one and IIUC, password.el itself was
not disagreed while it was not liked to change read-passwd to cache
passwords.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno