Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:58:36 -0400

    I tested it and it worked okay.  But:

    1. why using the <up> arrow key to increment the window vertical size?

"Up is more" is a common analogy.  Using it here could be a good idea
for simplicity's sake.  The most common case of changing window
sizes is with two windows.  So it is very convenient to be able
to specify "more" or "less" without saying which boundary.

There is more than one way to do that, I acknowledge.