Re: Testing new abbrev tables in elisp

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Testing new abbrev tables in elisp
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 05:29:12 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 > Moving the abbrev code to Lisp is a step forward; I don't want to go back
 > to using C code.

FWIW, I agree.  XEmacs's C implementation should not be used as an
excuse to go backwards here.

In fact (Richard, would you please confirm?) it may be a good idea to
use the Lisp implementation as a base to avoid legal issues if it
looks "too much like" XEmacs code (the problem is that AFAIK you have
looked at the XEmacs code, so couldn't swear that it's not an
unintentional copy of someone else's code).