Re: Fwd: overlay face property not used for after-string property

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: Fwd: overlay face property not used for after-string property
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:10:33 +0000

>     By the way, the concern I raise in the message you quote above
>     is not about text properties in the before-string or
>     after-string, but about text properties in the buffer.
>
> I know.  Can you send a test case for this?

There is a test case in this message:

http://www.nabble.com/anomalies-of-overlays-and-before-string-and-display-properties-p12777475.html

The message at that URL has a single test case that demonstrates
several bugs.  Bugs #3 and #4 in that message are the same as the bug
I am mentioning in the quoted message above.  I haven't had time to
prepare a test case that isolates this bug all on its own.

By the way, I think bug #2 in the message at the above URL has been
fixed (or partially fixed), but all the other bugs I think have been
left untouched.

--
Joe