Re: isearch for doc-view.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: isearch for doc-view.el
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:20:41 -0500

> After spending quite some time to make isearch working I have given up.
> It seems to be rather complicated, so I only changed the current search
> facility to use an isearch-like UI.  Now you hit C-s and enter the
> regexp and each additional C-s or C-r jumps to the next/previous match.
> To enter a new regexp, you have to provide a prefix arg to C-s or C-r.

The patch you sent earlier seemed to work (more or less), so please add
a big comment in the code describing as much as you can of your
experience: what you did and what were the problems you encountered.

> Then I tried fixing the auto-compression-mode bug Reiner poined out in
> <address@hidden>.  Because I could not find
> an elegant solution to work with compressed files transparently I took a
> trivial approach:  doc-view-mode now offers to save the uncompressed
> file somewhere and then this file is viewed.

A possibly related problem is when the buffer's content is not in-sync
with the file's: doc-view "should" then show the rendition of the
buffer's content rather than the file's.

        Stefan