Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 21:58:01 +0800

*On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:34:54 +0000
* Also sprach Jason Rumney <address@hidden>:

> Definitely the merge of multi-tty code, the same problem has been
> reported in the trunk multiple times. macterm.c is missing a call to
> add_keyboard_wait_descriptor (see xterm.c and w32term.c), which was
> necessary to get input working at all on Windows after the multi-tty
> merge. Despite this being pointed out several times, noone who is using
> a Mac has tried adding this call and reported back whether it solves the
> problem.
>
> I think reverting the change is correct, as the old mule based utf
> codings are no longer used internally, but it might be a good idea to
> find what the change was in the trunk that caused this code to be
> merged, as there may be something there that should be changed in the
> unicode branch as well.

I read discussions about adding of this call into macterm.c
(mac_term_init). From the discussion I know Ted Zlatanov tried this and
it did not work. I tried this and built twice. It remains the
same. I must say I dont know where to add. I tried

,----
| add_keyboard_wait_descriptor(0)
`----

and

,----
| add_keyboard_wait_descriptor(1)
`----

before

,----
| #if USE_CG_DRAWING
|   mac_init_fringe (terminal->rif);
| #endif
`----

(I imagined this position after reading w32term.c).

--
Totus mundus agit histrionem