Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:15:56 +0000 (UTC)

Ted Zlatanov <tzz <at> lifelogs.com> writes:

> I think merging the Cocoa port would be a good thing.  Unfortunately it
> doesn't help those who want to track CVS with the Emacs build today, and
> I don't know how hard it will be.

I was planning to ask about inclusion after finishing up the multi-tty
integration.  But anyway since the issue has been raised, is autumn 2007 a good
time to consider merging the Cocoa/GNUstep port into the unicode-2 branch, or
would people prefer to wait until after unicode-2 -> trunk?  Based on my
experiences, the latter approach would be much less headache, but don't know how
far off the unicode merge is at the moment.

A brief comment on the Preferences dialog, this is tied to "defaults" under
GNUstep/OS X systems, which are more or less equivalent to X resources.  All of
these variables can also be read/set through lisp.  They are not exposed through
defcustom at the moment, but the intent is to provide an optional convenience,
not to replace standard emacs customization mechanisms.

Adrian