Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:31:08 +0900

>> I can look at your port too.  But I can't find it online.  Is it
>> available?  I'll gladly test it, offer suggestions, etc. if you
>> need that assistance.  It's hard to say more about your work or
>> compare it with the Cocoa port otherwise.

> It'll be available after the Emacs 22.2 release, if its inclusion is
> allowed.  If you want to see how it behaves, just test the Carbon
> port.  They are pretty much the same except `deprecated' warnings
> :-p

As the Carbon+AppKit port uses NSToolbar by default instead of the
native Emacs tool bar, it's much like the Carbon port as of the
`before-merge-multi-tty-to-trunk' tag, which uses HIToolbar and works.

And another fact about the `deprecated' warnings: there are some
functions that Apple marked `deprecated' in Tiger, but those marks are
withdrawn in Leopard.  You should not be worry about those warnings
too sensitively.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden