Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:42:19 -0500

    Before the Cocoa port is merged, it would be good if the developers
    could list all such new features here, so we could decide:

    1. The feature is a good feature, and we should implement it on other
    platforms too.

In that case, I'd like people to make it work on GNU/Linux before we
install it.  Otherwise we would be going on a limb, adding a Mac-only
feature and hoping that someone will make it work on GNU/Linux.

    2. The feature really is Mac specific, and is good to have on that
    platform, but doesn't fit in other platforms.

This is possible, but only when the feature really makes no other
sense.

    3. The feature is not something we want in Emacs right now.

That sometimes happens.