Re: recenter-top-bottom

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: recenter-top-bottom
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:39:47 -0500

    Or, here is another variant similar of Drew's suggestion. This uses
    timeout and does not scroll until the action is decided. I have set the
    time out to 2 seconds here, because it looks like there are some bugs
    when putting back the key sequence that was read:

Adding a timeout means it really WILL be slow compared with the
current command.  I don't want to make an ordinary single C-l any
slower than it is now.