Re: Idle timers with the active minibuffer

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Idle timers with the active minibuffer
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 12:40:22 -0500

    I discovered this behavior when tried using isearch in the original
    buffer after switching to it from the minibuffer without exiting it.
    The idle timer for lazy-highlighting doesn't run.  Steps to reproduce:

It is a bug.  I can't see anything in the source that would cause it.
Would someone please debug why read_char fails to call timer_start_idle
in this case?

    1. activate the minibuffer by e.g. `M-:'
    2. switch back to the original buffer by `C-x o'
    3. start isearch C-s and search for a string that have multiple
    occurrences in the original buffer.

    Other occurrences are not highlighted by lazy-highlight face.