Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification

From: Elias Oltmanns
Subject: Re: [Patch] Make tls.el support certificate verification
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 19:44:36 +0100

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Mon, Sep 24 2007, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>>
>>> I think it should be installed in both CVS's, although perhaps
>>> tls.el should be removed from the Gnus repository.  Others on the
>>> ding list, which Emacs version does Gnus in CVS require?
[...]
>>> If that emacs version has tls.el, I'm not sure it makes sense to
>>> keep tls.el in the Gnus repository.
>>
>> Emacs 21 doesn't have it, so I think we should keep it.
>
> Right, thanks.  Let's wait for copyright papers and then apply the patch
> in both CVS's.

Papers have been signed and receipt has been acknowledged.  Please
apply.

Could someone please look at [1] and [2] as well?  These patches are bug
fixes and recent bug reports wrt agentised servers (see [3]) seem to be
related.

Regards,

Elias

[1] <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.gnus.general/65156>