Re: erroneous auto-save-list file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: erroneous auto-save-list file
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:13:07 -0500

    A couple of days ago, Emacs crashed (an abort due to a since fixed bug),
    and when I restarted it and typed M-x recover-session, the latest
    .saved* file in auto-save-list only contained one file and its
    auto-saved backup, though two other files also contained auto-saved
    backups, and these were still in their directory, so I could recover
    them.

This could happen due to a crash inside do_auto_save.
Is that what happened?