Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Carbon port emacs-unicode-2 build problem under MacOSX
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:34:54 +0200

> From: Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 23:47:50 -0800
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> I respectfully disagree with that statement. I think you might
> underestimate the effort that would take to do rewrite the logs. Based
> on my experience with doing this for the multi-tty branch I don't
> think this is the case. I would estimate at least a day of work do get
> that done (might take a lot more than that though).

Could you please describe the kinds of changes you needed to perform,
apart of replacing multiple entries for new functions/variables with a
single entry like "(foo): New function."?

I don't question your experience, I just cannot imagine too many other
changes that need to be done.  (Richard already said that
non-simplifying editing is not needed.)  Maybe I'm missing something,
or perhaps you took the editing job too seriously and did a much more
perfect job than was minimally needed.

If you explanations are convincing, perhaps I'll even volunteer to do
the job ;-)

TIA