Re: minibuffer and current-local-map

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: minibuffer and current-local-map
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:00:03 -0500

I see the duplicate in the normal value of
minibuffer-local-completion-map.  The parent of that map is
minibuffer-local-map, and both of them have menu bar submaps.

I think there is nothing wrong with the keymaps.
When keymap A has B as its parent, keymap A's submap for a certain
prefix should have, as its parent, keymap B's submap for that prefix.
What you see here is that happening for the prefix `menu-bar' and
then again, within that, for the prefix `minibuf'.
Three levels of keymap `minibuffer-local-completion-map',
each inheriting from the corresponding level of the parent,
`minibuffer-local-map'.

The solution, I think, is to fix the menu code to avoid showing duplicates
in such a case.

Meanwhile, the bindings for C-tab really are duplicates.
I will get rid of the extra ones.