Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/help-fns.el,v

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/help-fns.el,v
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:33:52 +0100

> Now, this is weird. The bug was present after several rounds of "make
> cvs-update" (which does the recompile and autoload targets, among
> other things) followed by "make install".

I never do that but if it recompiles before making the autoloads,
wouldn't that fail?  `help-buffer' is in help-mode.el but was not
autoloaded before, probably because only `with-output-to-temp-buffer'
needed it (I fail to understand how that worked).  I'm reluctant to put
any requires in help.el (it used to require `view-mode' once) to avoid
recursing.  If you have any suggestions ...

> However, it has disappeared after manually recompiling help-fns.el...

Does that mean you still see it with `describe-char' or `describe-face'?
Or did you recompile them too?