Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:40:35 +0000

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have worked a bit with bw-interactive.el along the ideas that have
> surfaced here (and some I had before). I have renamed it to winsize.el.
>
> It is mainly restructured for more flexibility. And some bugs have
> probably been fixed + the features are more worked through.

And here comes window-edit.el 0.9! :)

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/window-edit.el

Changes:

- I took your idea of using M-<arro> instead of S-<arrow> to select the
  adjacent window.  Now S-<arrow> temporarily negates the increment.

- I also use the "move border" mode by default.  I think window-edit.el
  is more likely to be used for this.

- When a border cannot be moved further, window-edit tries to move the
  opposite border to the same direction (see the docstring).

Feedback welcome!

--
Bastien