Re: Tiro still can't usefully link emacs-unicode-2 on Windows

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Tiro still can't usefully link emacs-unicode-2 on Windows
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:35:24 +0000

Richard Wordingham wrote:
> If this is a reference to running 'cvs update -kb' in the nt
> directory, note that I found that I also had to run it in at least the
> leim\CXTERM-dic and lisp\international dictionaries.
These seem like regressions that were previously fixed in Emacs 22.

> I then made it cleanly (apart from numerous warnings during
> byte-compilation and messages saying that files could not be deleted),
> but again it would not run.  The only clue I have as to why is that
> when I run emacs.exe from the cmd.exe command line I get the message,
> ' Wrong type argument: stringp, nil'.
This is triggered by a recent merge of w32-win.el. Some code that was
moved was previously commented out in the emacs-unicode-2 branch due to
not working, and the merge reenabled it. I have fixed the code now (the
problem was caused by the default fontset now being indicated by t
rather than nil).