23.0.50: erc and quail problem

From: John J Foerch
Subject: 23.0.50: erc and quail problem
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:55:45 -0500

Hello,

I'm able to reproduce a problem with the following steps in both gui
and non-gui invocations of emacs 23 from CVS, on a Debian Lenny
machine.

  Run: emacs -Q
  M-x erc RET
  ; connect to irc with defaults at all prompts
  ; change buffer to *scratch*
  C-\ chinese-py RET
  n e <backspace> <backspace>
  ; now wait at least a minute, then type a character; it does
  ; not go to the input method.  instead, it appears in the buffer
  ; as ordinary ascii.

I don't believe the problem has to do with the `chinese-py' input
method itself, because I also reproduced it with another input method
that is not part of emacs, `chinese-wubi'.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
John Foerch