Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:52:12 +0000

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

>     I think I'll consider implementing `window-edit' as a real mode.
>
> Excellent!

Done.  I've put window-resize.el here:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/window-resize.el

M-x window-resize-mode now enters a mode where you can interactively
resize windows.  `q' quit the mode and cancel the change.  `RET' keeps
the changes and quit the mode.

AFAIK, there are a few differences with Lennart's package:

- no colors
- more feedback on commands
- window configuration ring (`s' and `r')
- don't change the mouse pointer position
- interactively set the increment value
- switch from border moving (default) to normal resizing
- Use S-<arrow> for calls to windmove commands
- M-<arrow> have a single meaning: negate the increment

Hope it meets most needs around.  This is only 0.1 though, so don't
expect it to work perfectly!

Thanks for feedback so far.

PS: I keep window-edit.el somewhere, I think some people might prefer to
be in a loop while editing the window configuration...

--
Bastien