Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:41:29 +0000

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
>>> What I still found a bit confusing is the fact that the M-<arrow> keys
>>> either select a window or select a border to move.  In any case, thanks
>>> for the exchange of ideas!
>>
>> It always selects a border, but move to a new window too if the
>> selected border is in the direction of the movement.
>
> Eh, and maybe that was not quite correct. I should have written "the
> previously selected border":
>
> It always selects a border, but moves to a new window too if the
> previously selected border is in the direction of the movement.
>
> Doing it this way you can always use the M-<arrow> keys to select a
> border.

Yes.  Now I understand why the colors and the mouse pointer jumps.
Because if M-<arrow> does not move a border because it jumped to the
opposite border, then you have to make it clear to the user, who might
have thought M-<arrow> will immediately move the border instead.

FWIW, I prefer to spare the user with the select-border step.

--
Bastien