[emacsclient] options -c and -t delete unrelated frames when exiting (wa

From: Luca Capello
Subject: [emacsclient] options -c and -t delete unrelated frames when exiting (was Re: 23.0.50; [emacsclient] *ERROR*: Don't know how to create a frame on window system x)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:05:16 +0100

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry for the delay, I was busy in real life.

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:21:16 +0100, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> Luca Capello <address@hidden> writes:
>> However, I found an unrelated bug for -c and -t.
>>
>> First, my setup: I use exclusively `emacs -nw` with different frames
>> for every applications, i.e. "Gnus", "IRC", "W3M" and so on.
>>
>> Every time I edit a file through emacsclient, either with -c or -t,
>> two new frames are opened: one (let's call it foo) shows the buffer
>> associated with the file, the other one (frame bar) the *scratch*
>> buffer.  As soon as I finish editing and exit with C-x #, frames foo
>> and bar are closed, as well as one of the other frame already opened
>> on my emacs session :-(
>
> Sorry, but this description is not enough to try to reproduce the
> issue that you are seeing.
> Can you please send a detailed description of what you are doing, step
> by step, and please start with "emacs -Q".

It seems that `emacs -Q` doesn't suffer the same error, so I'll try to
investigate deeply into my configuration and I'll report back.

Anyway, since this is unrelated to the previous bug (which is still
present on emacs-snapshot-nox_1:20071111-1), I changed the subject.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca