Re: mark_object crash in 22.1 and latest CVS (as of tonight)

From: Kalman Reti
Subject: Re: mark_object crash in 22.1 and latest CVS (as of tonight)
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 15:48:40 -0500

On Nov 15, 2007 3:38 AM, Kalman Reti <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 10:08 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Definitely not.  It needs to be AFTER `name' so that it will be marked
> > by GC.

I've performed the experiment of building code straight from CVS and
putting a breakpoint in the special code for handling un-gc-marked-markers.

In my (long running previously resulting in a crash) test case,
this breakpoint NEVER is reached.

When I move the undo_list to before name and redo the experiment, I hit
the breakpoint many many times.

So either the special undo_list handling code should be removed or the
undo_list moved before name in buffer.h.