Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 02:26:45 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> AFAIK it's different because `overriding-terminal-local-map' will be
>> used in the minibuffer as well (whether the user is here intentionally
>> or by error doesn't really matter.)
>
> Why would you let the user get into the minibuffer?

He wouldn't.  But hitting M-x accidently will lead to weird things.
Also, going to the help window and tring to scroll with arrow keys won't
work unless I cancel the overriding-terminal-local-map, which cannot be
buffer-local (if I understand correctly.  Please give a try to latest
window-resize.el and let me know.

As for the keybindings, I implemented what you suggested:

  (define-key map [t] 'window-resize-other-char)

BTW, I think "window-resize" is a bit long.

What about "windresize" (which gets along great with "windmove") ?

--
Bastien