Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:59:52 +0200

> Too bad. You appear to have "improved" it to the point of regress. ;-)

I see regress too.  I think the up key should move the only movable
horizontal border up, and the down key should move the only movable
horizontal border down; the left key should move the only movable
vertical border left, and the right key should move the only movable
vertical border right.  When there are two movable borders then I think
up/down keys should move the bottom border up/down, and left/right keys
should move the right border left/right, and M-up/down keys should move
the top border up/down, and M-left/right keys should move the left
border left/right.  Isn't this the most natural behavior?

Since mindmove have the Shift modifier by default, windresize should use
the same modifier.  When the user modifies the mindmove modifier, it would
be good if windresize used the same mindmove modifier as customized by
the user.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/