Re: byte compiling defcustom

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: byte compiling defcustom
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 14:32:43 -0600 (CST)

   I did not try the patch, but I can not see how this would _not_ ruin
   the "Show Saved Lisp Expression" feature in the State buttons in
   Custom buffers by showing byte code instead of Lisp code that the user
   can edit.

On second thought, I now believe that I misunderstood and that it
should _not_ represent a problem, as long as the uncompiled value is
stored in the `standard-value' property.  But the last defcustom I
gave is easy enough to check anyway,

Sincerely,

Luc.