Re: ecomplete.el (was: New Emacs facilities from Gnus)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ecomplete.el (was: New Emacs facilities from Gnus)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 18:31:37 -0500

    > It sounds like something that could be generally useful.  Does a
    > package have to be specially written to use this feature, or can it
    > apply to any and all minibuffer completion operations?

    In message mode, it's used for completion of To, Cc, ... headers,
    i.e. not in the minibuffer.

What does a program have to do to provide this kind of completion?
ecomplete.el doesn't say.  In fact, its functions have no doc strings.

    > Anyway, it ought to be moved out of `lisp/gnus'.  Could you move it into
    > the main `lisp' directory?

    I can do this next week, unless someone beats me to it.

That is the right thing to do, presuming you or someone else
supplies documentation for the package.
There is no sense keeping it anywhere in Emacs
if it has no documentation to explain how to use it.