Re: describe-{function,variable} shrinks frame (GTK+/KDE)

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: describe-{function,variable} shrinks frame (GTK+/KDE)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:33:32 +0100

> I invoked this and frame-height diminished by one line after the first
> interactive call.

That is after the sit-for and before the `delete-other-windows'

     (sit-for 0.5)
     (delete-other-windows)

your frame has got smaller by one line?  The fact that it gets smaller
by _one_ line and Info is involved might relate this to the header line.
Unfortunately, it seems impossible to turn that line off by setting
`Info-use-header-line', so I don't know how to test this.  You could try
with a non-Info buffer displaying a header-line.

> I have repeated this many times and every time
> frame-height has shrunk, whereas with srb-shrink-test-0 it has never
> shrunk.  It seems that call-interactively is somehow involved in
> shrinking frame-height.  I looked at the source code but found nothing
> suggestive; but it is a very long and complex function, and I don't know
> what to look for.  It doesn't help that this problem seems to be
> restricted to GTK+ builds running under gtk-qt.

Maybe it's related to the KDE frame resizing problem you mentioned
earlier (I suppose you still get that after the merge).  Does changing
the font and/or changing the Info faces affect the behavior?