Re: x-select-request-type

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: x-select-request-type
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:36:06 +0100

Kenichi Handa skrev:
In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

The doc string of x-select-request-type says, among other things:
    If the value is nil, try `COMPOUND_TEXT' and `UTF8_STRING', and
    use the more appropriate result.  If both fail, try `STRING', and
    then `TEXT'.

But the code only falls back on `STRING', I don't see it trying
`TEXT'.  Am I missing something, or do we need to fix the doc string?

For emacs-unicode-2, I'm just now improving selection
handling, and the docstring of x-select-request-type will
become as this:

*Data type request for X selection.
The value is one of the following data types, a list of them, or nil:
  `COMPOUND_TEXT', `UTF8_STRING', `STRING', `TEXT'

Should we not try UTF8_STRING first?

        Jan D.