Re: byte compiling defcustom

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: byte compiling defcustom
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:00:53 -0500

    it seems that the "Custom"
    menu in a customize buffer does not work, it disappears after touching
    the customize value, the same happens in 22.1...

I am not sure what this means.
Could you please send us a *precise* test case for this bug?

Meanwhile, the (temporary) existence of this bug (which we will soon
fix) has nothing to do with the question of whether to compile the
initial value expressions.  It is now clear that we must not compile
them.

We should put a comment at a suitable place explaining that these must
not be compiled.