Re: "simplifications"

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: "simplifications"
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:02:16 +0100

Two additional comments, BTW:

> Could people, before introducing such "optimizations", check the
> bytecode?

I didn't write "optimization" anywhere in the ChangeLog, because I was
not worried about optimization.

If you're gonna revert the change, perhaps you'll want also revert the
one to ring-member. My version, with catch, is a lot cleaner IMO, but
in my extremely informal tests (which I did before commiting) it was
about 1,5% slower. I had to go to the hundreds of thousands of
ring-member invocations to see the difference, but perhaps that's very
significant for you.

             Juanma