Re: "simplifications"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: "simplifications"
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 13:21:41 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Nov 19, 2007 12:57 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> My recollection was rather that optimizing such cases (for a suitable
>> definition of "such") was deemed a good idea, but too invasive for the
>> Emacs 22 release schedule.
>
> FWIW, my c??r changes to ring.el were commited only to the trunk.

I was not suggesting reverting the changes.  It is not important
enough for that sort of back-and-forth changing.  On the other hand,
as long as it degrades code quality, I'd prefer people to refrain from
doing large-scale "cleanups" or "simplifications" of that kind.
Before we are starting a trend here, it would be nice if the
optimizations making such changes not have an impact on efficiency
would be in place.

--
David Kastrup