Re: byte compiling defcustom

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: byte compiling defcustom
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:03:18 -0500

    Again, I claim that if the user needs to see lisp for a defcustom, then
    the defcustom is not designed well enough and is not very user
    friendly.

That may be true to some extent, but I am not sure it is always true.
Anyway these defcustoms shuld work right
even if their definitions are not ideal.

    To me it seems that maintaining an infrastructure to access the original
    lisp values for defcustom is just added complexity

It is reduced complexity.  The code to compile these values would be added
complexity.