Running this-command in another window

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Running this-command in another window
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 23:24:51 +0100

I am trying to run the current command in another window than the window it was issued in. I do something like this in pre-command-hook:

   (select-window my-desired-window)

This actually seems to do what I want most of the times, but when the command has something like

  (interactive "sRegexp\nP")

the regexp can't be read. The prompt is shown, but the input goes to the buffer in my-desired-window.

Is there any way to do what I want to do, ie run the command in my-desired-window?