Re: record-lisp.el - current status

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: record-lisp.el - current status
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 01:44:34 +0200

> And I need feedback:
> Does this approach miss anything important?
> Any suggestion on the user interface that provide customization?

I doubt that someone will want to customize the default conversion logic.
It is easier to fix the resulting Lisp code than to customize very complex
conversion rules.  I think we should try to find the most useful rules and
hard-code them.  When there is no clear preferable level of interactivity
to generate, then we could produce alternative Lisp code commented out in
the output, so the user could uncomment and use it if necessary.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/