Re: declare-function file names

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: declare-function file names
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:00:30 +0100

On Nov 23, 2007 5:36 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

>     `declare-function' could be useful for packages outside Emacs...
>
> Could you be more specific?

I was thinking of having, for example, elisp code installed in
~/elisp, which would use `declare-function' to silence warnings about
functions from Emacs packages. To be able to use `check-declare', the
`declare-function's in my private code would have to hardcode the path
to the Emacs lisp/ directory.

All that is moot now that `check-declare-locate' exists.

             Juanma