Re: [Unicode-2] `C-h f' error

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: [Unicode-2] `C-h f' error
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:20:11 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you for investigating this problem.  But, as I don't
> have a time to work on it at the moment, I fixed lread.c so
> that it works as previously.

Your change replaced make_symbol with Fmake_symbol (and intern with
Fintern), and make_symbol does

    Fmake_symbol ((!NILP (Vpurify_flag)
                   ? make_pure_string (str, len, len, 0)
                   : make_string (str, len)));

In the make_symbol/Fmake_symbol pair of functions, the Vpurify_flag
check is in the former (so is not done after the change); but in the
intern/Fintern pair it is in the latter. Isn't this the problem?

--
Johan Bockgård